Top 5 Health Benefits of Turmeric
Health benefits of Turmeric: Turmeric has an anti-inflammatory, anti fungal, antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It is one of the most popular and essential ingredients of Indian cooking. Turmeric has centuries old history of medical and herbal uses because it offers many health benefits. Read top 5 health benefits of turmeric.
Top 5 health benefits of Turmeric: Home Remedies
- Skin or Acne treatment: Turmeric has an antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Therefore it is effective in treating acne and other skin infections. Mix half tablespoon of turmeric with milk and sandalwood powder in appropriate amount and apply it on affected area to treat acne.
- Achieve Fairness and Banish aging: It is considered safe when taken by mouth or applied to the skin. Mix half tablespoon of turmeric with 1 tablespoon honey and gram flour (besan). Make a thick paste ad apply on your skin. Wash it after 10 mint to experience glowing skin. It may also help banish the intimations of aging.
- Reduce inflammation and pain: Turmeric as a good healing agent, has been used for centuries to reduce inflammation and pain. Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric in 1 glass of lukewarm milk to avoid any kind of pain. Do not have it in excess. It has few side effects also
- Diabetes treatment: Recent studies said that active polyphenol in turmeric have been shown to fight type 2 diabetes. It also helps in preventing the development of diabetes.
- Turmeric hair benefits: An active agent in turmeric proved to be helpful in treating hair problems. Apply a mixture of turmeric and olive oil on scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo. It reduces dandruff by naturally cleaning scalp.
Top 5 health benefits of Turmeric
Conclusion: Apart from these benefits and home remedies, Turmeric also has been used as a dietary supplement for inflammation, including arthritis, Cancer, gallbladder, cancer and other conditions. All medicines have some side effects. However, Natural compounds like turmeric is becoming more and more favored because of their comparatively few side effects. One side effects of consuming heavy amount of turmeric may cause gastrointestinal problems. Therefore, it is important for you to learn about the natural compounds and medicines.