In Vitro fertilization (IVF): Infertility Treatment Method
How to overcome female/male infertility?
In vitro fertilization (IVF): Infertility Treatment Method: In Vitro fertilization or IVF is the procedure of observing and stimulating ovulatory process of women. This procedure helps women to become pregnant. It is the most common and effective type of assisted reproductive technology. And due to advance IVF technology, the success rates are substantially higher than before.
Process: The process involves removing mature egg /eggs from the woman’s ovaries. And later these eggs fertilizes with sperm in a laboratory, under doctors supervision. After 2 or 3 days, the fertilized egg is transferred to the uterus (same or other woman). This process is done manually to establish a successful pregnancy.
Cost: In US, basic IVF cost goes around $12000 to $15000. In India, IVF cost is very low as compared to US. But new law has been implemented regarding this. You need to check out before planning.
In Vitro fertilization: Infertility Treatment Method
Side effects of fertility drugs in IVF may include:
- Abdominal Pain (Mild)
- Hot Flashes (mild)
- Abdominal Bloating (mild)
- Ovarian Hyper stimulation syndrome (OHSS): It is a rare problem, can occur due to over-reaction of fertility medication. Symptoms are swollen stomach, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting.
- Passing small amount of fluid after process
- Mood swings
However, these symptoms are not complicated, usually disappear after some time. In maximum case, most women restores to normal position after procedure. But don’t worry, your doctor will discuss everything before start procedure.
“Note: In the case of pelvic pain, Blood in urine, heavy vaginal bleeding, and high fever: Call your doctor immediately. “
I want donor egg or sperm: If you and your partner don’t want to conceive using your own sperm and egg. Then, you and your partner can choose donor egg, sperm or embryos. Here, you need to be careful. This procedure require legal formalities. You need to consult an experienced counselor regarding this.
Few terms related to IVF:
- Embryo (fertilized egg) Donation: It is a kind of third party reproduction. You need not to worry because this process involve legal agreement between donor and recipient couple. Biological couple can’t change their mind. They are bound under legal agreements.
- Egg donation: In this procedure, a female donates her egg which is fertilized with sperm in a laboratory dish. The fertilized egg is then transferred to the uterus where it grows. Egg donation allows for the selection of sperm. It is recommended when female partner lacks ovaries or produces poor eggs or nothing. This procedure is not painful. Rare symptoms are related to this procedure, which i have mentioned already.
Who can donate egg?
- Age : between 21 to 29 year
- Regular period
- No reproductive disorder
- BMI under 29
- Non-smoker, non-drug user
- No genetic disorder
Conclusion: In Vitro fertilization: Infertility Treatment Method
Being a mom is a great feeling. If your will power is strong then trust me everything will be worked out. So guys you learned something from my article. Then, do not forget to share your experience in comment box. Have a healthy baby.