Blood clot types and treatment methods:
Blood clots are sometime life threatening condition, need special attention. It is semi solid masses of blood flows through veins and arteries. Some blood clots are normal. Blood clots due to injury is normal as it helps stop bleeding. When blood clot forms inside veins or arteries, are complicated. It won’t dissolve on its own and can cause serious complications. Blood clots in veins forms slowly over a period of time. Clot which occurs in larger vein are called deep vein thrombosis. Blood clots forms in arteries is dangerous. It can cause variety of complications like stroke, heart attacks, paralysis or intense pain. Clots occur in different part of the body. Check below the various parts of body where blood clots can occur.
Blood clots in different parts: Symptoms
- Blood clots in heart: difficulty in breathing, sweating, Pain in chest and left arm are the common symptoms for blood clot.
- Legs and arms: Symptoms are pain, swelling, tenderness, or red colored skin.
- Lung: common symptoms for blood clots in the lung include shortness of breath, chest pain and cough.
- Brain: symptoms are vision problem, general weakness.
- Abdomen: symptoms of blood clots in abdomen includes severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, vomiting, or bloody stool.
These blood clots can be life threatening, depend on its area or condition. methods
Home remedies which may prevent/cure blood clotting.
- Garlic: Garlic has been used for treating various diseases in the Ayurvedic system of Treatment. It is a great digestive agent and possess antiseptic property. Apart from these, garlic has excellent blood thinning properties. It is one of the best home remedies for blood clots. Method: Take a few pods of Garlic, Peel it and crush it. Now mix the crushed garlic in 1 glass of warm water. Drink it for some days. It has no any side effects.
- Alum (apply on blood clots area): Crush a small piece of alum finely. And mix it will 2 tablespoon of red soil and egg white. Now apply it where blood clot formed. Alum penetrates the skin and helps removing clots.
- Lime Juice and aloe Vera: Apply the mixture of lime juice and aloe Vera gel on the blood clot area. It helps to cure blood clot and allow free flow of blood. This natural method is very effective, does not cause any side effects.
- Gooseberry: The Indian gooseberry is very effective home remedy to prevent or cure blood clots. It is loaded with vitamin C and also rich in iron. The minerals and vitamins in gooseberry detoxify the blood and prevents it from clotting.
- Natural Thinner: water serve as a natural thinner. Drink plenty of water to make easy flow of blood.
- Tamarind, Turmeric, salt: Mix 1 tablespoon of tamarind with 1 tablespoon of common salt and 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder. Add water in a mixture of these three ingredients and form paste. Apply it on the blood clots area. Wash it area after 1 hour. The acidic property of tamarind and antiseptic property of turmeric helps cure the blood clots internally.
- Cinnamon: It has amazing medical property to maintain the blood flow in body. Add 2 tablespoon of cinnamon in 1 glass of water. Boil it and leave it for 10 minutes. Now add 1 tablespoon of honey. Drink a cup of cinnamon tea for 1 week.
Blood clot types and treatment methods:
Medical Treatment methods of blood clots: Severe conditions:
- Artery Blood clots Medications: Treatment includes heparin, anti-platelet agent (aspirin), blood clot busters, and caterers. Anti-platelet agents helps durability of patient who may be experiencing a heart attack. It is given to keep away from further injury before reaching of emergency medical services.
- Anticoagulant: Heparin is an anticoagulant agent given to patient. It prevents the blood to clot further. However the dose of this medicine may cause bleeding as a side effect.
- Thrombolytic agent: This clot buster has ability to dissolve arterial clots. Side effect is that it can cause more consequential bleeding problems as compare to anticoagulants.
- Venous clots requires heparin for its rapid action. Heparin is a blood thinner that prevents the formation of blood clots. Patient of Deep vein thrombosis may be given thrombolytic agents along with heparin and warfarin.
Conclusion: Blood clot types and treatment methods
The article published here, is only for the educational purpose. In this case, you should better consult a good doctor. You can post your advice in comment box. Stay healthy and follow good diet.